Educational Coaching & VCE Coaching
Educational coaching sessions run as individually tailored 50 minute sessions for primary and secondary school students. At least 6 sessions are recommended as well as review sessions per month or per term, depending on your child’s needs.
Educational Coaching helps students to:
- Set goals
- Get organised and manage their time
- Learn study skills and techniques
- Manage stress
- Prepare for exams
- Deal with VCE
The sessions may also include strategies on friendships, bullying and social skills or managing anxiety, depression and relaxation techniques. It all depends on what your child needs.
Helping your child to understand how he or she learns can also improve levels of motivation, decrease levels of frustration and anxiety, and encourage self-acceptance and awareness. This can be done through conducting an Educational Assessment prior to Educational Coaching sessions.
Please refer to Fees & Rebates for more information regarding Educational Coaching Sessions.
School Meetings & Visits
SPACES conduct on-site meetings and visits at schools. We work collaboratively with teachers, integration aides, school principals and parents to develop solutions, which will assist your child to learn and to participate more fully in school activities.
School meetings are usually arranged after an Educational Assessment has been conducted with your child. This assessment can be conducted at school if necessary or in the SPACES consulting rooms.
School meetings generally include::
- Interpretation of your child’s learning profile; strengths and weaknesses
- Reporting on your child’s academic abilities and performance levels
- Outlining the educational recommendations and how to implement them in the classroom
- Creating Individual Learning Plans and setting up review meetings
School visits usually include a classroom observation and discussion with staff at the school or centre about their perspective on the child’s issues. Levels of attention, peer interaction and positive or disruptive behaviours are recorded. In addition, the learning environment, the classroom layout and the child-teacher interaction is observed.
School meetings and observations provide an opportunity to further develop strategies to assist the child in the school setting. Strategies may include recommendations on:
- Working memory
- Auditory processing and giving directions
- Giving directions
- Behaviour modification strategies
- Giftedness in the classroom
- Social skill programs and ideas
- Transitioning issues
- Environmental recommendations (e.g. helpful seating arrangements in the room)
- Programs and activities which strengthen the child’s skills in particular areas
Together, these contribute to a range of supports to assist the child’s academic, social and emotional wellbeing.
Please refer to Fees & Rebates for more information regarding School Meetings & Visits.
Training For School Staff
Information to come